Disclosure

I will cover a variety of topics on this blog. This blog is hosted at an Edublogs domain https://mwisniew11.edublogs.org, in which I am only running the free version.

Making a Living

Bills, bills,bill, oh how do I pay thee? I teach 5th grade for a private school in Iowa. When I’m not in the classroom teaching the youngsters, you can find me suited up in some camo (US Army) one weekend a month. If the clues haven’t given it away yet, I am a Lieutenant in the military in which helps this all important question of paying bills.

So you’re a blogger, huh?

I guess if you say I am. I’ve tried a couple of years ago to introduce blogging into the classroom, in which I felt that students would have found an outlet to think creatively to response to questions that I posted for our Language Arts class. Which started out great but ended in failure. At this very moment in time (that would be awesome), I do not get paid for blogging and do not have any sponsors. Anything written here is for posts relating to my graduate school class EDTECH537: Blogging in the Classroom at Boise State University or for my own fun and personal practice of writing blog posts. I am not claiming to be an expert in the field of education and will correct any misguiding information.

Any readings or resources mentioned will include links and any information to reach the original information. Any products mentioned will be fully credited and have not been given to me for free or mentioned for payment.

DISCLOSURES

Media ties: Not that I”m complaining, but no media affiliation here.

Stocks: Starting to think I should buying some, but don’t have any!

Religion: I will most likely never include religion, especially as this is a blog for 5th graders and Social Studies. However, I was born and raised Catholic.

Politics: I will not mention politics and do not like to lump of views or beliefs into one party. I worry about the issues at hand.

A Few Questions

1. For what other employers (or consulting) have you worked in the last five years?

• Bosco Catholic School System
  • United States Military (Army Reserve)

2. What sort of volunteer work do you do regularly, if any, and for whom? (Please include any public relations, advocacy or advisory board involvement.)

None at the moment.

3. Do you do any work paid or unpaid in politics or government? Have you done any lobbying of governmental bodies?

Not at present.

4. Do you have any financial investments or financial ties that may limit your ability to cover specific topics free of conflict, and if so, what are the topics?

None that I am aware of.

5. Although we don’t regulate the activities of spouses, partners or immediate family members of our contributors, do any of their professional or personal involvements or any of their financial investments or ties make certain topics inappropriate for you, and if so, what are the topics?

No, my wife is a registered nurse.

6. Have you accepted any free trips, junkets or press trips in the last two years? Have you accepted any substantial free merchandise or discounts from people we might cover?

No, but wishes one day to be important enough have work showcased!

7. Has anything you’ve written later resulted in a published editor’s note or retraction for deliberate falsehood or plagiarism or become the subject of a lawsuit involving allegations of deliberate falsehood? (If yes, please include details about the publication and your role in the article or story. If a lawsuit, please describe the disposition of the case.)

No (or at least not that I have ever been aware of). If I make mistakes, I attempt to correct them on my blog.

[Note: This page is an adapted version of one completed in Full Disclosure at Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org and in Full Disclosure at Virtual School Meanderings. It has only been personalized as needed and the text largely remains consistent with the original used by Miguel Guhlin and Michael Barbour]